Friday, December 21, 2012


Boys,

I have tried countless time to write this post and I keep starting over. I feel it gets preachy and overshadows my point entirely. People don’t like ‘preachy’… if ever in your life you are called ‘preachy’, rest assured you were not just given a compliment.

We are living in very troubled times today. Not just in America, but the entire world. On a recent drive to the office my heart was so heavy. I cried all the way from the house to the office and was literally fearful of the world you boys will grow up in. We are living in a world where we are told to define what is good for our own selves, but not to impose that on others. We each have a moral compass in which to judge ourselves, but not our neighbor. Our Churches are full of people with different views on topics for which there is only one view, Gods view. The saddest part is that people have become so good at selling their view that you feel (and are told you are) foolish, narrow-minded and judgmental if you do not subscribe to it.

So, there I was driving to work and I cried “Lord, they are winning. The world has made a mockery of you. They have twisted your Word, your commandments and your Truth. They are selling a new truth and the world, or more importantly ‘your people’, is buying it. Why are you allowing it? Day after day, year after year you choose not to reach down and smite those that blaspheme you? I do not understand and I am sad and angry!” And honestly, that emotion was bubbling over in a very outward manner.

You know, there are times when you pray and the answer comes in time, and there are times when it is swift. This was one of those times. Immediately & clearly I heard Him speak to my heart and His words were firm, kind and unmistakable… “Man’s opinion of me does not change who I am. The worlds view of me changes from day to day – mood to mood. I am God – THE GOD - the same yesterday, today and forever.”

There was nothing more to say. He was right – obviously. We cannot change the attributes of God. We can define Him in any way we see fit and makes us feel better about ourselves, but that doesn’t make it so. And no, they are not winning. God wins. Period! Peace… peace only God can give when he speaks to you. When you allow Him to speak to you and you hear Him. I am so glad that I serve a God who speaks to me when I am doing the most mundane of daily activities.

Last week, our nation fell back into dark days as an Elementary School was attacked and the most innocent among us were taken. As a mother, I cannot imagine the grief of those parents. I feel so burdened to live in a time when evil just walks the street among us. But it always has, hasn’t it? Oh Lord, I need Your Peace now, but not just me Lord, those parents; this nation. This world is in need of the One who holds it in His hand.

Listening to the radio recently I heard Casting Crowns version of ‘I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day’. I’ve never cared for this song until I heard this version and it is, in my opinion, amazing! I loved it from the beginning, but then these words broke through “God is not dead nor does he sleep…” Peace. He was speaking to me again. Not just words that make a good poem/ song, but rather words of Truth! I cannot know the mind of God or why he allows the things he allows. All I know is that in light of eternity, the pain we may feel on this earth is just a bleep on the radar. I know the same God that gives me Peace is giving it tenfold to those that are experiencing unimaginable pain today. I know this because He has promised this. And He always keeps his promises.

As Christmas draws near, I am praying that the Light of Jesus is evident in our home. I am praying that even in your adolescents, you can understand that it’s ALL about a baby delivered of a virgin to deliver us. I pray the Peace of God over you; that you may grow to love and honor Him with your lives. As much as I love you, He loves you more.

Link to Casting Crowns ‘I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7670CXvPX0

Much Love and Merry Christmas,

Mama

No comments: